Monday, March 14, 2011

Carissa's Card

My sister has a friend who was cooking with oil last week and the oil caught on fire and burned her badly. I wanted to make a special get well card, that would hopefully bring just a little joy to her. This is that card. I made the trellis card for the technique lover's challenge that Joan gave us today at SCS. I had made a lot of butterflies Saturday for Eva's butterfly blog hop. These 2 were ones that hadn't made it onto a card but were sitting on my desk. They just flew onto the card when they saw the handmade quilled roses. I stitched the panels together and added brads in the corners.
Close up of big butterfly.

Close up of little butterfly and roses.


The inside of the card.

The big butterfly was from the Mark's Finest Papers set called DAFFODIL AND ANISE.
The little butterfly was from the Mark's Finest Papers set called BRICK WALL.
The sentiment on the inside was from the Mark's Finest Papers set called GREET THE DAY WITH GERBER.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card you made!!!
    I hope, she will recover soon!
    Thanks a lot for your nice comment on my blog!
    Have a great day!
    Greetings from Austria,
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Wonderful idea in embossing this, and those butterflies are gorgeous.

    Sorry to hear about your friend. I am sure this card will make her feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card MariLynn - love your colours in this. How did you do the roses - they look fabulous!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete