Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ancient Words

Time have changed a lot since my grandparents were young. My Grandmother remembered driving a horse and buggy. What would she have thought of blogs, cell phones, facebook, skype...? They all would have been so foreign to her. I am a person who DOESN'T like change. I don't like to rearrange my furniture, I don't like trying new foods, and much to my kids embarrassment I have the same hair style that I did 25 years ago when I was in High School. My not liking change is one reason that I love that God doesn't change. He is the same yesterday today and today.

The song ANCIENT WORDS, sung by Michael W. Smith is a song that my VIEW Group loves to sing. What is a VIEW group? At our church we break up into small groups that meet in members homes on Sunday nights. We Visit, Instruct, Encourage, and Worship. (VIEW). When my grandparents were young, they had a Sunday night worship service, but meeting in people's homes would have been so strange to them. I really love the fellowship of my VIEW group, so I guess SOME change can be good.

Ancient Words

Lynn DeShazo

Holy words, long preserved

For our walk in this world

They resound with God's own heart

Oh let the ancient words impart

Words of Life, Words of Hope

Give us Strength, help us cope

In this world where e'er we roam

Ancient words will guide us home

Holy words of our Faith

handed down to this age

Came to us through sacrifice

Oh heed the faithful words of Christ.

Ancient Words, ever true

Changing me and changing you.

We have come with open hearts

Oh let the ancient words impart.

I used my computer to print the words to this song onto a piece of parchment. I then took a tea bag and stained it. I tore the edges and added chalk to the torn edges to distress it further. The cameo is sneek peek at a set that will be released next week by Mark's Finest Paper called Grandma's Boudior. I was blessed to have jewelry from my 4 great grandmothers. The actual cost of the jewelry would probably be less than $25, but to me it priceless. They didn't have carved cameos from Italy, but what they gave me means so much more, they gave me their FAITH.

Close up view of the cameo.


This was for today's sketch challenge at SCS which was based on a card I made 2 years ago. What an honor. Thanks Roxie!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, beautiful words and what a shining example of faith you are, MariLynn.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete