Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Praise the Lord


Praise the Lord oh my soul, let all that is within me praise His holy name. When things are going good in my life it is so easy for my to Praise God, but what about when things are not going how I would like them to? I will still praise Him. I love this verse from Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live." It doesn't make any other conditions except that if I am living I will praise Him. This has been a hard week because our youth pastor-music director has resigned and he and his lovely wife are moving. I have served with Pastor Mitch on the Praise and Worship team for 6 months. I know that God has a plan for them as well as a plan for our Church, but it is hard to say goodbye. Tonight is the last night with the youth and my heart has been heavy all day, but I will still Praise the Lord. The old hymn on this card was written by Frances J. Crosby and publish in 1869. That was 142 years ago. The part of this hymn that I love is this... "Like a shepherd, Jesus will guard His children, In His arms He carries them all day long. Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of His excellent greatness; Praise Him! Praise Him! Ever in joyful song!" I know that He carries me. It is the only way I make it through my days. I made this card for a wonderful lady who has blessed my life. This last fall, my mother in law gave me a devotional called GRACE BY THE CUP. It really blessed my heart to read it. My daughter also has been reading it. The other day I found out that the author makes cards and also is a member of SCS. I sent her a note letting her know how her book blessed me, and she continued to bless me because she sent me her next book called Faith-dipped Chocolate. I made this card to thank her for her generosity. I used the sketch challenge from SCS for my layout. This card came together really quickly because there was no stamping, no fussy cutting and no coloring. The papers were from the DCWV Mariposa stack. They were very similar to the colors from yesterday's color challenge.

Give thanks in ALL circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! What a cool thing to find out that this author is a cardmaker and on SCS! She will cherish this card!

    ReplyDelete