Saturday, December 11, 2010

Quilled Containers

This container was formerly a can of baked beans. I filled the can with water and froze it. With the block of ice in the can I was able to take a hammer and a nail to make the holes in the sides. I let the ice melt and the alter the can. I added green paper, lace, ribbons wire and beads. The lid of the can has quilled flowers and vines.

I also made an origami box. I sewed lace and W.I.S.H. paper to the box. I made a wire and pearls handle. I added quilled flowers to the top.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. MariLynn these are adorable - just so sweet, and I love how you made the holes in the tin :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi marilynn,

    Aren't these fun to make! Love your scrolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea and great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete