Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April's Box

April 5th is my sister April's birthday. I made this box for her. It has 4 drawers and has an easel card on top. I used 1 John 4:7 as a reminder of God's love for us. I cuttlebugged the base of the easel card. I added some of my hand made paper roses. I added a Layers of Color butterfly. I filled each drawer with chocolate. I got the directions from Chris on her blog. I didn't have the same boxes, so I made origami boxes and made sleeves for them to make them like her matchboxes. The drawer pulls on my drawers are a simple little paper fastener. I wanted them to look fancy, so I painted them with pearl fingernail polish. I added some of my faux hot glue pearls. I felt like one of those Priceless commercials. I was calculating the cost to make the box including the chocolate and it was probably about $.75. Mailing it cost a bit more. I guess I'm just cheap. Maybe frugal is a better word. This was also for the Stampin Sister's in Christ Challenge to make love the theme of our projects.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Marilynn, this is fantastic! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilynn this is equally beautiful!! I love your rosed so much!! Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the right word for you is AMAZING! This is the kind of gift you could not or should not put a value on - gorgeous Marilyn! thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!
    Linda SSCC design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Marilynn another stunning card.
    I bet your sister loved it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness MariLynn this is over the top gorgeous!!! I love these drawer cards and they look so difficult! I plan to try one soon! Your flowers are gorgeous! Love the whole stunning layout! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous creation! I love the idea of you using what you have on hand and making something so breathtaking. I have just found your blog but I will definitely be back. I know your sister was honored to receive such a thoughtful (and sweet) gift!

    ReplyDelete