Wednesday, August 5, 2009

If nothing ever changed...

I made this card for the Splitcoast Sketch challenge. I made this using my comfort colors. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors. I have to cut most of my circles out with scissors. I have a circle punch, but it is only 1" in diameter. When I saw this sketch I knew I was going to distress the edges. (hint... distressed cut out circles really hide any imperfections.) I love this paper by Wild Saffron. I have been hoarding it, because I love it. It was calling my name today. I had the sketch put together and it still felt like it needed more, so I stamped my flower 2 times. I used marker water coloring technique to get the same light turquoise of the flowers on the dp. I took several shades of blue and green crayola markers and scribbled on my acrylic block. I dipped my paint brush in water and went over the scribbles. I experimented on a piece of scrap cardstock until I got a color that was close to what I was looking for. After I painted the flowers, I cut them out and layered them. I have dimensionals in between the two layers. I joined the flowers with a gold brad. I used the porcelain paper technique on my butterflies. I looked at my card and still felt like it was missing something. I decided to stitch around the edges. I wanted to use gold thread, but I didn't have any in my stash of goodies. I did have a piece of gold cording. I unraveled it and pulled out the metalic gold threads. I stitched them around the edges of the card. I used my computer to print this sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment