Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hibiscus Happy Birthday









This card was made for the Splitcoast Ways to Use it Challenge. We were to use pleats on a card or project. I decided to make pleated leaves. I used my scallop punch. I pleated using the scallops to help guide my folds. I saw a tutorial on making hibiscus flowers on VALITA'S BLOG. I made one last night and I loved how it turned out, but it was so big I would need a box to mail the card. I decided to put it on a FANTASY BOX. I used some more of my precious, hoarded Wild Saffron paper for the box and for the card. I altered the directions from Valita's because I didn't have the sun punch that she used. I substituted snowflakes. I used my EKsuccess snowflakes on the hibiscus on the box and I used my Stampin UP snowflakes on the one on the card. The centers of the flowers is fringe quilled. I used the marker water coloring technique on the flowers. With these flowers around there had to be a butterfly. I added another of my porcelain paper butterflies to the card.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Marilyn, this is INCREDIBLE! I don't think I have ever seen that type of box...I will have to check out the directions! Your card is sweet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly this is awesome MariLynn. I love the flower. I have visited her blog before. Leave it to you to come up with this for a box topper. What a great project. Super job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your flowers. what did you use to make the flowers?

    ReplyDelete