Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pink, pink, pink





This card definitely is pink. It isn't my usual color. I am more of a blue person, but for some reason I felt compelled to make this pink card. It is for 2 challenges: Splitcoast Sketch Challenge, and the Stampin B's Design Challenge. I made the flowers and butterflies on Saturday. The flowers and butterfly were stamped with a versamark ink pad on pink paper. I then used my heat gun and gold embossing powder to make the gold edges. I then glued the flowers and butterfly paper to two layers of cardstock using Aleene's tacky glue. While the glue was still wet, I cut the flowers and butterfly out and shaped the petals and wings over my finger. When that glue dried, I brushed a coat of Aleene's tacky glue over the top surface. I used a really inexpensive paint brush... one that had originally been in a watercolor set that my kids took to school. The set when returned home at the end of the school year was ruined because all the colors were mixed. I salvaged the cheap brush to spread glue. That way if the brush gets ruined I am not that upset. After that top layer dried, I put the flowers together using gold brads. The antenea, and flower tendrils were made a thin strips of paper that had been heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I rolled the tendrils strips around the handle of the cheap paint brush. I added little rhinestones to the butterfly's body. I made the one gold leaf using a paper crimper.(I am working on a tutorial for making the leaves. I hope to have it posted this week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment